Earthy mamas deserve all the love. They take such good care of their little ones, all while ensuring that the family is not exposed to harmful chemicals or being needlessly wasteful or hard on the environment. How do you show your gratitude for mom’s serious selflessness? By surprising her with natural goodies, of course! Here’s a list of awesome eco-friendly gift ideas for mom and her little bundles, just in time for Mother’s Day!
Sweet, Sustainable Surprises for Mom
No matter if she’s wrangling toddlers or sending care packages to the dorms, mom always knows how to make you feel good! Spoil her right back with these sweet, eco-friendly gifts that elicit extreme calm. The key to a good gift for mom is to focus on things that make her feel great. Whether she’s a working warrior or a stay-at-home superhero, she deserves every little bit of indulgence and relaxation!
- Earthy Bamboo Dishware—A good chunk of the best sustainable goods are made of bamboo, which isn’t surprising because it’s the fastest-growing plant on the planet. One great way to up mom’s eco game is to surprise her with bamboo dinnerware and serving staples—we’re crazy about the lovely, non-toxic styles from Bambu. If she loves a good picnic, she’ll also love the sustainable twist of disposable bamboo plates and flatware.
- Soothing Essential Oils—Did you know that essential oils can do more than just calm us down when we’re feeling stressed out? They can also soothe achy muscles and deliver potent antiaging ingredients that make us look and feel younger. If the goal is to help her unwind and de-stress after a long day, you can’t go wrong with organic lavender, chamomile or pretty much any bright, floral essential oil.
- Yoga Pants Made from Coffee Grounds—These days, it seems like you can reuse almost anything and turn it into something else entirely. Case in point: The brand-new yogawear line Rumi X offers a great collection of trendy, flattering activewear staples made from coffee grounds and crab shells! Mom will be so pleased with these the next time she hits the mat!
- A Stylish Zero-Waste Purse—You’ve gotta think of the earth in terms of your accessories, too. The devil’s in the details, they say. We love this super-sustainable Cambodian clutch made from zero-waste fabric scraps and vegan leather, and we’re pretty sure any fashionable, sustainable mom will, too. It doesn’t hurt that this sweet little satchel is also really cute!
- Dreamy Organic Bath Bombs—Like Sylvia Plath once said, “There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them.” Give mom a break from the stress and craziness of life with some sustainable bath bombs that are simultaneously super-indulgent and totally guilt-free. We’re on the Lush bandwagon—all their bath time treats are made of fresh, organic fruits and pure essential oils.
- Super-Soft, Sustainable Slippers— Noticing a theme here? Eco-conscious moms need to relax and there’s no better way to spoil her than with calming, lounge-worthy staples. There are a number of different sustainable slipper brands out there, but we’re particularly fond of Acorn, which creates heavenly-soft slippers using eco-friendly cotton and recycled materials. No needless waste here!
Bonus: Eco-Friendly Gifts for Kids
When is mom happy? When her kids are happy. Perfect for newbies, these eco-friendly kids’ toys and gifts make super-thoughtful baby shower gifts for earthy mamas. They can also be used as unique kids’ gifts if you’ve got a budding conservationist on your list!
- Cozy Organic Cotton Plushes—It’ll make any earthy mom feel at ease when her little one is cuddling a stuffed animal made of super-soft organic cotton or cozy bamboo yarn. We love the adorable and beautifully crafted eco-friendly stuffed animals made by Our Green House—they’re cute, cuddly and gentle on the earth.
- Kid-Friendly Essential Oils—Mom has a whole bag full of soothers, pain removers and germ-zappers, and if she’s anything like us, she’s probably obsessed with what’s in all of those little bottles. She’ll love a set of kid-friendly essential oils that calm kids, kill germs, stop sniffles and more the natural way. These babies are truly a savvy mom’s secret weapon!
- Eco-Friendly Crayons—What makes a crayon eco-friendly? Typical crayons are made of paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum. Unfortunately, this material takes years, even decades, to erode in a landfill, so you might want to consider some eco versions when shopping for conscious moms and kids. Look for crayons made of beeswax or soy—two biodegradable, renewable resources that are much more sustainable than paraffin wax.
- Classic Toys Made of Milk Jugs—Of course, many of our little ones’ favorite toys are made of plastic, which isn’t exactly the best for the environment. But there are several disruptive toy makers out there crafting recycled playthings that kids and parents adore. We love the collection by Green Toys, featuring 100 percent recycled plastic toys that are made in the U.S. Total win-win for mom and munchkin!
Cheers to Green Moms!
Whether you’re looking for truly thoughtful eco-friendly gifts for Mother’s Day or a special surprise just because, you can be sure she’ll love any of these sweet, sustainable surprises. Remember to add some fresh flowers (organic, of course!) and a recycled greeting card to tie your theme together. We’re sure that any green mom or mom-to-be will positively adore these unique, eco-conscious goods.