As hardworking professionals, moms, dads, husbands and wives, we understand that finding time to cook can be challenging. Finding time to cook something healthy - now that can sound impossible, especially after a long day. But whether you’re cooking for yourself, or a family of 5, you CAN find time to cook, and consume a healthy meal that will be simple and nutritious. Here are 3 of our favorite under 10 minute recipes.
6-Ingredient Easy Cheesy Vegan Zoodles from Running on Real Food
- 4 small zucchini’s, Spiralized into noodles
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the zucchini, onion and red pepper to a pan with vegetable stock/water. Cook on over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic powder and nutritional yeast and cook for a few minutes until everything is combined and creamy.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Chickpea Waldorf Salad from One Green Planet
(We swapped out the vegan mayo for 1/2 mashed avocado)
- 2 cups Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 2 cups Bartlett pear, chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ½ mashed avocado
- ¼ tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 2 tbsp. tarragon wine vinegar
- Sea Salt, Freshly ground black pepper, and ground nutmeg to taste!
- Combine apples, pears, celery, walnuts, cranberries and grapes in a large serving bowl, set aside.
- Combine mashed avocado, tarragon wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and tarragon leaves in a medium bowl; mix well. Toss with apple mixture and season with sea salt(optional) and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Chill before serving. Sprinkle with ground nutmeg (optional) right before serving for a fall twist. Serve on top of fresh salad greens or on rolls. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
3 Bean Chili - derived from vegan.io
- Mix together 1 can of cannellini beans, 1 can of chickpeas, 1 can of kidney beans, and 1 can of diced tomatoes (or substitute with any other bean choice
- Add 1 diced onion, and 1 cup matchstick carrots, and simmer for 2 minutes
- Add in 2 cups of water, a clove of crushed garlic, and a handful of chopped pine nuts
- Cook this for about 3 more minutes, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Enjoy, and let us know what you think!