I looked at the clock and realized.... I had exactly 15 minutes to quicly prepare SOMETHING to bring with me to a family party. Needing to go grocery shopping and without a plan in mind, I was on a mission to create something quickly, easily, and of course something that had to taste delicious. So, what did I do?
I grabbed my blender and started throwing stuff in. My husband walked in and said,"What are you making?" My response was, "I have no idea" hehehe. It all turned out really well though.
So, here is what I made:
- 10 oz of raw cashews (1 bag Trader Joe’s raw cashews) soaked overnight and rinsed
- 14 soaked dates (soak for at least 1 hour)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut nectar
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- ¾ cup of coconut butter
- Optional: 5 drops of liquid stevia (or to taste)
- Set aside a handful of soaked cashews to decorate the fudge with at the end.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, blend all of the ingredients (if some additional liquid is needed, use the water from soaking the dates. You don’t want the fudge to be watery though so add water sparingly).
- Spread into a glass pan and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Cut and enjoy.
What is one of your quick and easy on-the-go recipes?
© Danielle Zanzarov * South Bay Wellness
Danielle Zanzarov is the co-founder of South Bay Wellness. She is a Certified Nutritional Consultant and a Quantum Reflex Analysis Practitioner. She is also board certified by the American Association of Drugless Pracititioners. You can learn more about Danielle on her bio page or check out some of her service pages including Nutritional Consultations and Weight Release Programs.