It is not unusual for clients to walk into my office for their appointment and see the jar of green smoothie sitting on my desk. It is also not unusual for them to ask, "So, what is that you are drinking?" So, allow me to share with you exactly what is in my green smoothie.
Although my recipe always changes based on what I have in my cupboards, the season, and my mood, here are some pretty basic ingredients:
- 6 oz of frozen organic spinach or 2 cups of fresh spinach or any other greens
- ½ cup of org. blueberries (frozen or fresh; or 4-5 large strawberries; I try to stick with berries and just a bit to avoid excess sugars)
- 2 scoops of SunWarrior Vanilla or Chocolate (we do have SunWarrior for sale at the Center)
- 1 teaspoon of stevia leaves (from Mountain Rose Herbs) (or, you can use powdered stevia however, you would use less)
- 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon (optional; I always add some to stabilize blood sugar levels)
- 6 Tablespoons of flax, hemp or chia seeds (seeds should ideally be soaked overnight; you can also puree the seeds before adding the other ingredients to ensure they are broken down)
- 1 Tablespoon of Premier Research Labs Greens or SunWarrior’s Ormus Greens (we carry both in the Center)
- Optional: you cam also add in: cacao powder, carob powder, ginger powder, cardamom powder, vanilla powder (or liquid), more or different green veggies, just about anything.
- Water (decide how creamy or liquidy you would like the smoothie to determine how much water to put in)
- Place the seeds in the blender with some water and allow to blend for a few minutes to allow the seeds to break up.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the blender and blend.
© Danielle Zanzarov * South Bay Wellness
Danielle Zanzarov is the co-founder of South Bay Wellness. She is a Certified Nutritional Consultant and a Quantum Reflex Analysis Practitioner. She is also board certified by the American Association of Drugless Pracititioners. You can learn more about Danielle on her bio page or check out some of her service pages including Nutritional Consultations and Weight Release Programs.